Saturday, February 15, 2014

Twin Tinks!

What's better than one Tinkerbell birthday cake? Two! What a magical experience. I googled around to see how other decorators have interpreted the tinkerbell cake phenom, and I found a design very similar to this one I used.  The actual cake is iced in purple and blue buttercream, and Tinkerbell and the flowers were made from fondant a few days prior. For the flowers, I took the plunge and  ordered some cute plunger cutters.  They were half the price than the local cake supply store, and well worth the money.  I wish I had purchased these ages ago!  And with lots of colors and cutters to choose from, one can get quite carried away -- especially while watching figure skating. :)

cakes: 8" golden cake with strawberries and cream filling, buttercream icing and fondant decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment