Monday, February 3, 2014

Flower Shower

Well, howdy do, another cake this month (and a few more in the coming weeks).  It's amazing how cake demand really happens in clumps. It's kinda like when you go to the supermarket and everyone decides to check out at the same time!  I've been in a bit of a slump lately, overwhelmed by a number of little things, but cakes have been going pretty well lately. I'm almost tempted to revisit my bakery idea..
Anyway, this little beauty was for a friend's bridal shower.  It's a 10" square golden yellow cake with raspberry whipped cream filling.  The exterior is iced and decorated with vanilla buttercream. I really love doing the "lace" look on cakes.  It takes a little longer but alleviates so much stress.  In other words, I don't have to spend forever trying to get the icing perfectly smooth, because the lace piping goes over it and really transforms the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment