Monday, August 29, 2011

Cake Pops 1.0

During this past weekend of cake orders, I did suffer a minor cake-tastrophy when one of my chocolate cakes decided it wasn't quite ready to part with the pan.  Yes, it stuck, and I hate it when that happens.  So, I had a perfectly good layer of chocolate cake missing part of its backside.  What to do?  Well, I have a hard time just throwing cake away, so I saved it and decided to give these popular cake pops a try.


I googled around and read a few sites (little did I know just HOW popular these little sugar bombs are!) and decided to go for it.  First, I made a small batch of chocolate frosting and mixed (not too much of it) with the crumbled cake.  Then I scooped up the cake mixture and rolled it into balls.  I took some lollypop sticks and dipped them in some melted white chocolate candy melts and inserted one into each cake ball.  Next, I put them in the fridge for an hour or so to harden a bit and then rolled them in melted chocolate (tinted yellow).  I sprinkled them with some decorations and stuck 'em into some styrofoam.  Voila! Cake pops!  After they dried, I grabbed some little bags (yes, I do happen to have all this stuff lying around) and tied them with some ribbon.  Trick or Treat!

1 comment: