Monday, December 30, 2013

Fall Birthdays


Well, here we are.  Another Fall birthday season at my house.  For son #1, we celebrated his 9th birthday with a Minecraft party topped off with a minecraft cake straight from the game!  I made marshmallow fondant and topped the cake the best I could to resemble the cake found in the gaming realm.  The red squares (I think) represent strawberries, and we decided to ice the rest of the cake with chocolate buttercream.  Oh what fun!

Later the next month, son #2 celebrated his 7th birthday with my tried and true Lego cake.  Here we made a chocolate cake, iced it with chocolate buttercream, and topped it with candy legos fashioned from melted and tinted white chocolate candy melts in our handy dandy silicon lego ice cube tray.  This cake, as with all things Lego, was a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment