Thursday, July 4, 2013

Le Petit Buttercream

My sister-in-law married a really great guy last weekend.  I've been really looking forward to this wedding for many reasons- great couple, great location, great colors and flowers, great caterer, and lots of my baking!  The bride wanted a small and simple buttercream wedding cake- primarily for the cutting.  The bulk of the dessert was to be cheesecake, which I was to make, as well, to compliment the BBQ dinner served by their fantastic caterer.  So I made six cheesecakes- two chocolate, two vanilla, and two lemon with blueberry sauce. The beauty of cheesecake is that it tastes better the second and third day.  So I was able to make those ahead of time and then devote my entire Saturday to the wedding cake.

Despite our awful heat wave (and my house with no a/c), her cake was one of those cakes where everything just seemed to go right. Cakes baked up nicely, torted and set well in fridge, frosting consistency was really nice, etc.  After I frosted the tiers, I rested my spatula on the sides and spun my turntable to get the striped texture look, and it worked on the first try!  We put some pretty fresh flowers on and voila! All done!

cake: 6"/10" (top) carrot cake with cream cheese buttercream filling, and (bottom tier) chocolate with chocolate cream cheese filling, both iced with vanilla buttercream and adorned with fresh flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment