Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Marin County Fair 2012

Well, it's that time of year again.  Last year I entered a sandcastle cake in the decorated cakes division of baked goods, and while I did win 2nd place, I really wasn't in the mood to come up with another design and spend the time decorating this year (the whole 3 kids thing has been a little challenging lately). So when I saw the category for a Clover Dairy culinary taste competition, I kept reading and decided to give it a whirl!

In this competition, which was a live tasting with three judges type of thing, entrants were required to use at least three Clover ingredients.  So using Clover butter, eggs, sour cream, and whipped cream, I opted to make my good ole chocolate cheesecake recipe. I just love Clover Dairy and their products.  They are local and affordable.  And I love their mascot, Clo the cow. To make her, I melted some chocolate chips and traced the design on some parchment paper last night.  And when I took it out of the fridge this morning, it peeled off beautifully! Phew!

And... I actually won! First Place AND Best of Show!  There were some other great recipes there, too.  After the judging (and to my husband's delight) the audience was allowed to sample the entries.  Spanakopita, pastas, cheesecakes, pound cakes... yum!  Now I have to start planning for next year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment